top of page

Generate More Leads by Seeing Which Companies Visit Your Site

Updated: Jun 29, 2022


The traditional marketing technique has had its day. Years ago, for example, an effective approach was to acquire email lists of addresses and send newsletters and offers to these recipients. Today, legislation severely restricts the sending of unsolicited messages and standard spam filters also do their part. In addition, modern technology has turned our entire buying behaviour and information search upside down, and also B2B buyers are avoiding push selling and shunning high-pressure salespeople (McKinsey & Company: 70-80% of decision makers prefer remote human interactions or digital self-service).




In short, the primary points of contact for buyers today are search engines, blogs and online writers such as #B2BmodernSelling, and social media... so mostly sources outside of the vendors' immediate sphere of control and websites.


The marketing focus should or must therefore be on ensuring that you are found by searching prospects in the vast digital spheres and then it is important to be able to identify those anonymous but potential buyers once they visit your website.



Sad but true reality is that not even 3% of your website visitors become customers, which means you're missing out on a big piece of the pie. Looking on the bright side, you still have a chance to increase your conversion rate with the 97%+ of your website traffic. This is where Leadfeeder comes into play. It helps you identify potential customers, qualify leads, and connect to improve results.


Leadfeeder is one of the visitor identification software platforms, founded in 2012 and currently spread out in more than 25 countries around the globe. It is often mentioned in the top lists of best B2B lead generation tools and today the company has over 60’000 customers.


The marketing funnel is a well-known concept in the world of digital marketing and sales. It's an easy way to understand how a customer goes through your sales process, and it can help you improve your conversion rates by making sure that you're targeting the right people with the right messaging at each stage of their journey.



Image credit: Leadfeeder, Helsinki

A website visitor tracking software such as Leadfeeder may actively take part from the awareness stage to the conversion one. All the analyses are made based on high quality data complying with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Leadfeeder helps marketers and sales teams stay laser-focused on the leads that matter, and avoid wasting resources on unqualified leads. It provides website visitors' behavior, the pages they view most often, and the contact information for instance emails, phone numbers, company names, job titles, and more to ultimately make better B2B decisions.


Jaakko Paalanen, the Chief Revenue Officer at Leadfeeder says “Investing in buyer intent data is one of the best ways to differentiate yourself... now, more than ever.

Buyer Intent Data will help you gain ground on competitors and connect with prospects by improving account-based targeting, catching leads early in the buyer journey, and hyper-personalizing sales messages.


In the new digital and remote-first world of business, you need to identify and meet leads at an earlier point in their buyer journey, discover gaps in engagement with existing leads, and personalize your approach to your target accounts. Investing in buyer intent is how you can make that happen.


The Covid Crisis made us understand profoundly that traditional marketing and in-person events are no longer an optimal option. Brands and companies struggle to reach their audiences during the crisis, especially with limited budgets, scarce resources and limited time. If you know your audience, you can focus on creating content that speaks directly to them wherever they are and however they decide to consume. This is not about pushing products or services on people who do not want them; it is about reaching out to the right group of consumers, providing useful information, and taking necessary actions. Leadfeeder can greatly assist you with achieving all those purposes.


Leadfeeder effectively provides their users with a strong foundation to do account-based marketing (ABM), which delivers a higher return on their investment than other marketing activities:

  1. It allows companies to build accurate buyer personas with detailed characteristics (such as industry, employee count, and location) of each company visiting your website, and learn how they move through the buyer journey to conversion.

  2. It helps to improve buyer journeys for your potential customers, which results in a boost conversion rates.

  3. Leadfeeder’s service supports your content strategy, assists lead generation to build stronger ABM campaigns. At the end of the day, it tracks campaigns from click to sale.


What I personally like here is that Leadfeeder actually provides you with golden opportunities to get to know your potential customers and be more than a seller to their perspective. You can effectively avoid cold-outreaching to them by doing pre-outreach. Knowing who they are, you are able to, for example, participate in their posts that you have identified on LinkedIn, or leave a comment on their blog posts, or bring them up as examples in your blog post, and sending a message to let them know. These extra miles that you might be capable of doing thanks to Leadfeeder, would remarkably develop your customers relationships and make the purchasing decisions happen naturally at ease.


Back in 2017, there was an exciting collaboration between Google and Leadfeeder. A big tech and a startup came together to make educational content to help global sales teams. This collaboration led them to do co-marketing with videos, blog posts and other co-operation, which would help to establish Leadfeeder as one of the top partners of Google Analytics.


It's an obvious fact that most businesses don't have enough leads coming in through their website or social media sites like Facebook or Twitter because those platforms are not designed for lead generation - they are just meant for communication between people who already know each other (or at least think they do). Thus, I do highly recommend salespeople to check out Leadfeeder - a tool that helps you find the right kind of leads for your business.



Thank you for reading and best regards,


Thanh





53 views

댓글


B2B_modern_Selling_400x400px.png
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram

The way we live, and work is changing dramatically and it also affects traditional B2B sales. This is why we are on a mission to build an amazing community – a digital hub for B2B sales and revenue professionals. We want to bring together exclusive content, engaging discussions, peer expertise, matchmaking, curated newsfeeds, and finally online events as well. It’s all about empowering sales organizations to survive and thrive in the new digital world.

Newsletter

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page